Spanish translation available:
Pautas generales de entrega están disponibles en español. Por favor envié un email a firstname.lastname@example.org para solicitar una copia. Escriba “Submissions Spanish Translation” en la línea titular.
Materials in alternative format available upon request to email@example.com.
General Submissions Guidelines:
The Soap Factory exhibits work in its galleries throughout the year. Group exhibitions curated from submissions could have as many as 8 artists. The Soap Factory is housed in a 120-year old industrial warehouse near the banks of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis. We have no climate control, air conditioning or permanent heating system; please bear this in mind when submitting your work. Projects by individual artists that propose to use the entire 12,000 sq feet of gallery space are always encouraged.
We are particularly interested in proposals conceived specifically for The Soap Factory galleries. Our programming is unique in that we select only a small proportion of the artists we exhibit from our pool of submissions. We commonly receive 300 artist submissions per season. Examples of artists shown by The Soap Factory from submissions: Nadine Anderson, Matt Bakkom, Nina Lola Bachhuber, Ernest Arthur Bryant III, David Bartley, Ian Burns, Santiago Cucullu, E-Team, Omer Fast, Harrell Fletcher, Isa Gagarin, Michael Gaughan, Amber Ginsburg, Jay Heikes, Alexa Horochowski, Margaret Kilgallen, Chris Lawrence, Keith Lemley, Rita MacDonald, Joseph Madrigal, Rodney McMillian, Clive Murphy, Wil Natzel, Kelly Nipper, Carl Pope Jr, David Rathman, Patrick Scully, Slinko, Xavier Tavera, Bruce Tapola, Traci Tullius.
Submission Guidelines for 2014 season:
* Postmark deadline is April 30, 2013.
* We do NOT accept e-mailed submissions.
* Submissions are reviewed for exhibition in the 2014 season.
* Artists selected for the 2014 season will be notified in summer of 2013.
* We may keep your submission on file for up to 8 months.
* Please, do not call or email to check on your submission.
* The Soap Factory does not return work. Please only send materials that you do not need to be returned.
What to send:
* A cover page indicating the following information:
o Medium of submission
• Up to ten color images of your work on disc. Digital images must be Mac compatible (jPeg, tif, pdf) not less than 1500x2100 pixels.
• Each submitted image MUST ALSO BE PRINTED IN HARD COPY. Submissions that do not include hard copy images WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
* Resume, artist statement and project description/ proposal.
* We prefer that you submit any video on DVD. DVD must be in Zone 1 format (readable in USA).
• Work samples WILL NOT BE RETURNED
• The Soap Factory is committed to diversity in audience, staff and programming. To assist us in achieving our diversity goals, please indicate your ethnicity or cultural background. Note that responses to this query are not a factor in showing at The Soap Factory, but a measurement of how well we are promoting our submission process to diverse communities.
• All application materials must be submitted in English
The Soap Factory provides full installation support for all selected projects, including travel and accommodation, as well as a stipend to artists. We provide publicity, exhibition invitations, mailings, opening reception and artist talks. We do not provide insurance coverage for work exhibited at The Soap Factory. All work is shown at the artist's own risk.
Mail submissions to:
The Soap Factory
514 2nd St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414